Toycon is one of those geek conventions that’s near and dear to my heart. I can’t believe it’s already been a year since we launched the OMGluie Vlog for Toycon 2016 when the 2017 version is just around the corner. And by that, I mean this weekend! Read on to find out what to expect at this year’s TOYCON POP LIFE FANXPERIENCE!
Having forged a partnership with Pop Life Entertainment, a leading international creative house and brand development company, last year, Toycon’s goal is now to create the ultimate Fan experience for the Filipino pop-culture fans. To “Boldly goes to where no CON has gone before.” Hihi!
So what do they have in store for you this year?
SEVEN International Celebrities!
Get up close and personal with the following names:
Carla Perez – Rita Repulsa in the Power Rangers 90s TV Series
Charlie Bewley – The Vampire Dmitri, from the Twilight movie franchise
Lindsay Mckeon – Tessa the Reaper from the hit TV series, Supernatural
Karen Fukuhara – Katana of the Suicide Squad
Stefan Capicic – Colossus in the Deadpool Movie
Cas Anvar – the voice of Altair in Assassins Creed:Revelations
Kevin McNally – Joshamee Gibbs in all 5 Pirate of the Caribbean movies
The FanXperience will also give opportunity for lucky fans to interact with these celebs through live panels and Meet & Greet sessions. Though I’m not one for mainstream pop culture, I am a bit interested in Gibbs’ actor since I’ve seen most of the Pirates movies, haha!
Of course, let’s not forget the essence of TOYCON, okay. Let’s talk toys & figures, all exhibited in their glory!
- Japan’s top toy brand, Kotobukiya, displays its latest line of Marvel, Star Wars and DC figurines along with the launch of the Frame Arms Girl Anime and merchandise.
- Warner Brothers features its movie exhibit of its upcoming line of hit movies, IT, Ninjago, Justice League and the original movie prop doll of the horror cult classic, Annabelle.
- Mars Ravelo’s Superheroes are featured in their classic art and comic form courtesy of the Mars Ravelo Estate and ABS CBN Licensing.
- The TOYCON Toy Club Gallery – The biggest toy collectors’ exhibit ever assembled under one roof featuring top toy brands, Kotobukiya, Enesco, Bandai, Hero Cross, Hasbro, Mattel, Hot Toys and Lego. This exhibit makes ToyCon one of the most photographed events in the country.
- Artists Alley and custom artwork – fans meet their favorite local and international guest artists for custom sketches, signing and art critiquing
- The biggest dealer floor of around 240 merchants of various pop-culture merchandise, comics, accessories, cosplay merchandise, toys and collectibles
Other event highlights include:
- The grand finals of the World Cosplay Summit Philippine Championship and our very own TOYCON Cosplay Competition
- The awarding of the very first Pinoy Pop Culture Awards
- Musical performances by British electronic duo, Addictive TV and top local bands
- ToyClicks toy photography competition and the Toy Customization contest
Interested folks can drop by the TOYCON POP LIFE FANXPERIENCE happening on June 30 to July 2, 2017, SMX Convention Center Manila, Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City.
I will definitely be there and covering the event in casual cosplay, haha! Try to guess who I’ll be going as! See you guys there~