It’s finally here! After excited waiting, TOYCON Philippines 2016 is finally opening its doors today, June 10 – 12, 2016 at the SMX Convention Center Halls 1-4, Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City! Check out what you can expect from the 3-day event!
This year, the greatest part of TOYCON Philippines is that they’re partnering with Pop Life Entertainment to create the ultimate FanXperience for the Filipino pop-culture fans!
Here is a list of things that you can expect to see during the event, so take your pick!
- Stan Lee Excelsior! Exhibit
- Pop Life Exhibit – exhibit of the newest Funko Pop toy releases, including one of the most anticipated lines, Suicide Squad, the new Cosplay line and possibly prototypes of the new Encantadia line of Funko Pop toys.
- CosFanX – The biggest and newest international Cosplay competition which pits the best cosplayers in Asia against each other in country eliminations, country finals and regional finals. Top prize in the local finals is P50,000 cash and the chance to represent the country in the championships in Thailand.
- Suicide Squad Movie Exhibit – Warner Brothers Pictures exhibit of DC Comics newest cinematic blockbuster coming in July.
- Voltes V Exhibit – It’s Voltes V 40th Anniversary and this exhibit is highlighted by a 20-foot statue of the iconic robot and various memorabilia from the creators of the hit anime series of the 70’s and 80’s.
- TOYCON Toy Club Gallery – The biggest toy collectors’ exhibit ever assembled under one roof featuring top toy brands, Kotobukiya, Enesco, Bandai, Hero Cross, Hasbro, Mattel, Hot Toys and Lego. This exhibit makes ToyCon one of the most photographed events in the country.
- FanX Celebrity photo-ops and autograph-signing – fans meet and greet with the international guests during interactive stage panel interviews, one-on- one photo booths and autograph-signing.
- Artists Alley and custom artwork – fans meet their favorite local and international guest artists for custom sketches, signing and art critiquing.
- Multi-media entertainment – Interactive booths from top gaming companies, Capcom, Namco and DOTA 2 and also from top subscription video-on-demand company, iFlix.
- The biggest dealer floor of around 240 merchants of various pop-culture merchandise, comics, accessories, cosplay merchandise, toys and collectibles
I haven’t been to TOYCON Philippines in AGES. Popular cons like these have a tendency to be super congested so I try to limit my con visits only to meet up with old friends.
It’s looking to be a GIGANTIC expo, though! And I’m so happy to see local conventions evolving in this manner. It’s amazing and I’m super proud of the organizers. 🙂 Anyhoo, I will probably go this Sunday! So if you’re there, give me a holler. See you! 🙂